Microservices architecture is a popular trend right now. I don’t want to repeat anything about microservices in general, but instead I want to introduce an example project of a microservice based on Akka, Spray and Camel.
akka-microservice is based on one of the Typesafe Activator templates, but it’s very (really) simple and very easy to learn – just go and checkout the codebase. It doesn’t contain any front-end parts, just pure Scala.
Application has a lot of handy stuff:
- Easy to test Akka system with a sample actor
- Spray-based RESTful API with full CORS support
- Actor and API sample tests
- Camel/ActiveMQ extension for a handy integration with Akka system
- Typesafe config with different profiles for production and testing environments
- Logback-SLF4J logging
- Sbt assembly plugin for JAR-file creation with custom merge strategy
So it’s focused more on production usage, you can just take the project, rename a few files & packages and it’s ready to be deployed! Just write your actors and routes. Happy hAkking! :)